Rajiv Gandhi cancer Institute & Research Center (RGCI&RC) provides comprehensive cancer care. Along with patient care research is a key component of the RGC&RC mission. The Institute is recognized as a Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
RGCI&RC is committed to promote research in the arena of Cancer by encouraging basic and translational research as a stand-alone Institute or in collaboration with leading cancer research Institute in India or overseas. Research here is aimed at understanding the biology of cancer, to discovering new ways to predict, prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, and to transforming the quality of life for cancer patients today and in the future. The Scientists conduct research ranging from analyzing genetic changes in patient tumor samples to developing new imaging techniques to studying the best ways to optimize radiation therapy delivery.
RGCI&RC has established a world class biorepository to meet the needs of scientific community focused on cancer and allied research. We offer biospecimens to investigators in RGCI & RC and other institutes like Delhi Technical University, University of Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Indian Institute of Technological Research, IIT-Roorkee etc to accelerate research into cancer. The specimens are also shared with other international Institutes like Cureline, Reprocell etc.
- To conduct research into the causes, prevention, diagnosis and methods of cancer treatment and develop strategies.
- To develop, coordinate and stimulate translational and clinical research to improve the management of cancer and related problems.
- To uncover the underlying mechanisms of basic molecular and cell biology to underpin the identification of new strategies for cancer therapeutics.
- To undertake multidisciplinary studies involving epidemiological, behavioral, clinical, biochemical, and molecular biological aspects to understand the natural history, biological behaviour and mechanisms of carcinogenesis.
- Doval DC, Azam S, Sinha R, Batra U, Mehta A. Expression of epidermal growth factor receptor, p53, Bcl2, vascular endothelial growth factor, cyclooxygenase-2, cyclin D1, human epidermal receptor-2 and Ki-67: Association with clinicopathological profiles and outcomes in gallbladder carcinoma. J Carcinog. 2014 Aug 25;13:10.
- Gupta A, Kapoor G, Jain S, Bajpai R. Absolute Lymphocyte Count Recovery Independently Predicts Outcome in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Experience from a Tertiary Care Cancer Center of a Developing Country. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2014. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sharma MK, Mitra S, Saxena U, Bhushan M, Shrivastava H, Simson DK, Dewan A, Chauhan D. Is volumetric modulated are therapy (RapidArc) better than intensity modulated radiotherapy for gynecological malignancies? A dosimetric comparison. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics. 2014;10(4);883-88.
- Kakria A, Rawat S, Bhutani R, Gupta G, Devnani B, Wahi IK, Ahlawat P. Retrospective analysis of treatment outcomes following reirradiation in locoregionally recurrent head and neck cancer patients: A single institutional study. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2014 Aug 15 [Epub ahead of print]
- Dogra A, Doval DC, Sardana M, Chedi SK, Mehta A. Clinicopathological characteristics of triple negative breast cancer at a tertiary care hospital in India. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014; 15(24):10577-83.
- Surender Dabas, Abhinav Dewan, Reetesh Ranjan, Ajay Kumar Dewan, Anoop Puri, Swati H Shah, Rupal Sinha. Transoral robotic surgery in management of oropharyngeal cancers: a preliminary experience at a tertiary cancer centre in India. Int J Clin Oncol (2015) 20:693-700.
- Shagun Bhatia Shah, Hariharan U and Bhargava AK. Utility of TEE of Anesthesia for Non Cardiac Surgery: A Practical Review. J Anesth Crit Care Open Access 2015, 3(3):00102.
- Manoj Gupta, Partha S Choudhury, Sudipta Nag, Parul Gupta. Stimulated high serum thyroglobulin with negative whole body imaging do not warrant an aggressive diagnostic and therapeutic approach in differentiated thyroid cancer patients: A follow-up of 5 years or till recurrence. Hellenic Journal of Nuclear Medicine, September- December 2015.
- Amit Kumar Mittal, Nitesh Goel, Itee Chowdhury, Shagun Bhatia Shah. Acoustic Puncture Assist Device Versus Loss of Resistance Technique for Epidural Space Identification. Indian Journal of Anesthesia, May 30, 2016
- Silky Jain, Sandep Jain, Gauri Kapoor, Anju Virmani, Ram Bajpai. No Impact of Disease and its Treatment on Bone Mineral Density in Survivors of Childhood Acute Lymhoblastic Leukemia. Paediatric Blood and Cancer, August 2016.
- Abhinav Dewan, SK Sharma, AK Dewan, Himanshu Srivastava, Sheh Rawat, Anjali Kakria, Maninder Mishra, Suresh T, Krati Mehrotra. Impact of Adaptive Radiotherapy on Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer- A Dosimetric and Volumetric Study. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, Vol 17, 2016.
- Shveta Giri, Swati Hb Shah, Kanika Batra Modi, Suhas KR, Himanshu Shukla, Eliza Shrestha, Vandana Jain, Rupinder Sekhon and Sudhir Rawal. Factors Affecting Perioperative Outcomes after CRS and HIPEC for Advanced and Recurrent Ovarian Cancer: A Prospective Single Institutional Study. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery, Vol 00, Num 0, 2016.