The Department of Surgical Oncology is a fast evolving speciality at RGCI & RC. The Department consists of following units:
- Head & Neck Services
- Beast & Thoracic Services
- Orthopedic Oncology Services
- Uro Gynae Oncology Services
- G I Oncology Services
- Neuro Surgical Oncology Services
- Reconstructive Services
- Genitourinary Oncology
View Gallery>>Surgical Gallery >>GIC Gallery >>Limb Preserving Gallery
Surgical Oncologist can provide unique surgical expertise in surgical cases unfamiliar to general surgeons. The Surgical Oncology Treatment
aims at the following:
- Cure or Palliate and improve quality of life emphasizing on multimodal treatment
- Practice evidence based medicine
- To achieve minimal morbidity and near zero mortality which is acceptable by any International norms
- Good preoperative preparation,careful preoperative monitoring and postoperative care
The faculty of Surgical Oncology
consists of 8 Senior Consultants in various subspecialties, 10 Consultants, Clinical Assistants in addition to Residents and DNB students.
Surgical Department has 8 major Operation Theatres, 3 Minor OT’s, 28 bedded Postop Ward and Extensive Intraoperative and Postop monitoring facilities round the clock. Post Operative care is provided by doctors and expert nurses.
Surgical Oncology Department is a unique Department. For the first time in India, HIFU
- Department of Genitourinary Oncology
has added High Intensity Focussed Ultrasound (HIFU) for treating organ confined cancer prostate using SONABLATE 500 in an exclusive cancer centre in India. HIFU has very encouraging results and almost nil morbidity.Robotic Surgery -
Robotic surgical suite has been added in the armamentarium of surgical facilities. The Robotic Da Vinci
is being extensively used for Urological and Gynaecological Surgery, Radical Prostatectomy, Radical Cystectomy with Neobladder, Hysterectomy Wertheims are being performed routinely.