Nursing Education Department
Nursing Education consists of the theoretical and practical training provided to nurses with the purpose to prepare them for their duties as nursing care professionals. Development of the nursing profession is an essential goal of nursing education.
Nurse Educator and clinical instructors in academics & clinical settings is to standardize and enhance the quality of oncology education which will impact on quality nursing care. The Nurse Educator and clinical instructor wear many hats in the organization. Their role is integral to the success of the healthcare organization and the nursing staff, includes a varied and extensive list of critical responsibilities, including:
- Staff Recruitment
- On boarding and orientation of new staff.
- Providing training and continuing education.
- Updating policies and procedures.
- Working with hospital management to develop and meet strategic organizational goals.
- Skill Competency Assessment and privileging with supervisors
- Chemotherapy competency assessment with seniors
- In-service education, CNE, workshop, conferences etc.
- Research & Projects to improve quality care.
- Case presentations
- To increase the existing knowledge base of nurses practicing clinical nursing.
- To improve and maintain high standard of quality nursing care to patients at the RGCIRC &RC, which would increase the satisfaction level of patients/relatives.
- To improve communication skills among nursing personnel, other departmental staffs, patient and attendance at RGCIRC.
- To keep nurses abreast with changing technologies/concepts of latest and sophisticated instruments and gadgets.
- To develop safety skills for patients and self
- To enable nurses to secure credit points for renewing their nursing license by the Nursing Council.
- To aware nursing policies and protocols of the hospital.
Training Needs Identification methods direct observation, Questionnaires, Feedback from consultants, Chief of Nursing, DNS, ANS, area in charges, Interviews, Nursing quality improvement program and Incident forms.
Teaching Methods includes Audio Visual AIDS –Videos, PowerPoint presentation, Pamphlets, charts etc., Mannequins, Mentor – mentee, Job rotation, Lecture, Quiz, Clinical demonstration, Case presentation, Symposium
Training Programs are :
- General induction
- Nursing Induction Training program/Departmental orientation:
- Skill and process training
- Clinical Teaching
- Soft Skill Training
- Continues Nursing Education (CNE)
- Annual Nursing Conference (NURSICON)
- Nursing aides Training course http://www.rgcirc.org/academics/nursing-aide-training-course/