gynae oncology services
At Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, we aim to provide the most scientifically advanced treatment to women diagnosed with or suspected to have any form of gynecological cancer or precancer. We have a team of expert Gynecologic Oncologists who provide dedicated care and support, much required by the cancer patients.
What is Gynecological Cancer ?
Gynecologic cancer is any cancer that begins in a women’s reproductive organs. Any woman is at risk for developing gynecologic cancer.
Gynaecological cancer includes
Of all gynecological cancers, cervical cancers can be detected early by screening (PAP’s test). Effective vaccination is available for cervical cancer prevention.
symptoms of gynecological cancers
DIAGNOSIS AND INVESTIGATIONS
All the patients coming to OPD are examined thoroughly, clinically staged and triaged as per their disease status. The following tests and investigations are performed in the OPD:
Minor of Procedures
A comprehensive minor OT is separately provided for following procedures:
major of procedures
We have one of the most advanced operating suites in the country providing state of the art facility for a wide variety of oncological surgeries
treatment of gynaecological cancer
Some common types of treatment options involve Surgery, Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy and Targeted Therapy.
Different types of doctors are involved in treating this condition:
minimal access surgeries
Both laparoscopic and robotic surgeries are routinely performed. We have the largest series of robotic surgeries done for gynecological cancers like ca cervix and ca endometrium, especially suited for very obese, diabetic and hypertensive patients.
major open surgeries
Other surgeries performed in the major OT include hysteroscopic procedures like endometrial biopsies, polypectomies and EUA and biopsies for some patients requiring disease assessment and clinical staging.
How is RGCI Different?
RGCI is Tech savvy and our Gynae oncologists are performing most extensive surgeries.
Challenging cases are discussed in tumor boards.
RGCI has the most advanced Molecular lab for stratifying different cancers and planning appropriate treatment.
Gynaecological Cancer Risk Factors
Gynaecological Cancer : Prevention
- Know and recognize the warning signals of gynecologic cancers. Report to your gynecologist if you have any of the symptoms.
- Regular Health check ups and Screening. Your doctor will examine you , do PAP test, some blood tests and request an Ultrasound of pelvis and and abdomen.
- Vaccination (HPV) after 12 years up to 25 years.
- Maintain good sexual hygiene
- Follow small family planning norms
- Hold on to one partner.
- If you have a strong family history of cancer, or cancer is occurring at young age or multiple cancers are occurring—must consult a genetic counsellor
DO’s after Surgery
- Abdominal pain, vomiting
- Breathing difficulty or chest pain.
- Excessive vaginal bleeding or passage of clots
- Urinary problem- burning, urgency, retention
- Nausea and vomiting for more than 24 hrs not relieved with prescribed medicines
- Skin changes around wound- redness, pus discharge
- Swelling of legs
- Fever more than 100 Digrees F
- Foul smelling vaginal discharge
DON'Ts after Surgery
Questions patient would like to ask to doctor
with an expert