One Year Fellowship courses are recognized by Indian Medical Association- Academy of Medical Specialties, Hyderabad (http://ima-ams.org/). Admissions to Fellowship Courses in RGCI & RC are done in January session only.
Details of seat and eligibility criteria are given in table below.
||Name of Fellowship Course
||Month of intake
||G.I. Oncology Surgery
||MS/DNB General Surgery
M.Ch./DNB -G.I. Surgery
||Cancer Reconstructive Surgery
||MS/DNB General Surgery/DNB/M.Ch(Plastic Surgery)
||Interventional Pulmonology & Thoracic Oncology
||MD/DNB (Pulmonary Medicine)
||Orthopedic Oncology Surgery
||Critical Care Medicine
||Post MD/DNB (Anesthesia/
Pulmonary Medicine)-1year/Post DA/DTCD
* Note – Number of seats may vary depending upon the vacancies.
* Note – Information shown here are tentative in nature and can be changed at last minutes.
1. Other Eligibility conditions
- Candidate must be a life time member of any branch of I.M.A.
- Medical professional with requisite qualifications, engaged in Non Oncology Practices may be considered on the merit of their experience.
- Preference will be given to sponsored candidates.
- Registration with Delhi Medical Council is a must.
2. Course Fee
- Selected candidates will be charged a sum of Rs. 25000/- at the time of joining the course.
This amount is payable through Bank draft drawn in favour of I.M.A Academy of Medical Specialties, payable at Hyderabad. This fee is not refundable if the candidate leaves the course in between. After admission the candidate will have to take membership of l. M .A. Academy of Medical Specialties, Hyderabad on submission of required fee.
- Accommodation is to be arranged by the candidate as no accommodation is available in the Institute. However, meal facilities are available through F& B department, on payment at prescribed rates.
4. Submission of Application
- Eligible candidates may send their duly completed application in the prescribed format.
- The specimen format of application form may be downloaded from our website: www.rgcirc.org. The application should be supported with the below mentioned documents and sent to
Dr. Shalini Agnihotri,
Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre,
Sector-V, Rohini, Delhi-110085 (India)
5. Copies of documents required
- Certificate of Qualification, Experience,
- Life time Membership of Indian Medical Association ( I .M.A.)
- Two Recent passport size photograph.
- ID Proof (Copy of Driving License/Passport/PAN Card)
- Residence Proof (Copy of Passport/Driving License/Voter Card).
- DMC Registration No.
6. Sponsored Candidates
- Candidates eligible for Sponsored seats may forward their application with sponsorship letter signed by the competent authority to reach the office of the Joint Medical Superintendent Cum Registrar Academics.
- Sponsored candidates will not be given any stipend by RGCI & RC and shall be treated to be on study leave or on deputation from the parent organization during their entire training period.
7. General Instructions
- Incomplete/late received applications are liable to be rejected.
- All the Contact Numbers should be furnished correctly.
- The selected candidates shall be intimated telephonically.
- Joining of selected candidate is subject to medical fitness.
- Decision of the Management of RGCI & RC will be final and binding.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for attending interview.
- Stipend equivalent to salary of Senior Resident, R.M.O. will be paid to non- sponsored candidates only by RGCl & RC
- The Fellowship is a full time course. Candidate will be entitled for 30 days leaves during the entire period of course.
- Candidate will be appraised half yearly within the department.
- Publication of minimum one paper in any indexed journal, (National or International) is mandatory during the tenure.
Note: The fellowship programme in Interventional Pulmonology and Thoracic Oncology is recognized by the Indian Association of Bronchology (IAB). Candidates applying for the fellowship are required to be members of the IAB.
Application Form Fee – Rs. 1500/-
Prospectus Fellowship Programme